domingo, 15 de diciembre de 2013

2014 Reading Challenges: Everything España

Everything España, hosted by Lianne

Spain is a very interesting country with a very rich culture and history. Thus, Lianne at Caffeinated Life is hosting Everything España, a reading challenge about this Iberian country. Rules:
  1. It runs from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014
  2. You can join at any time
  3. Books accepted in this challenge are books set anywhere in Spain (completely or partly), or books written by a Spanish author.
The levels are:
  1. Tourist: 1 - 4 books
  2. Frequent Traveller: 5 - 9 books
  3. Spain is My Home: 10+ books

I couldn't pass up this challenge, since I don't know that much about Spanish literature. And that is especially bad, since I'm from Spain! I had already pledged to read more Spanish classics for the Classics Club Challenge, so this ties in nicely. I don't want to burn out with challenges, so I will try Tourist. If I finish too early, I can add more books to the challenge!

Books read (titles link to my review):
1. The Life of Lazarillo de Tormes - Anonymous (set in Spain and supposedly written by a Spanish author)
2. Trafalgar - Benito Pérez Galdós (set in Spain and written by a Spanish author)
3. The Court of Charles IV - Benito Pérez Galdós (set in Spain and written by a Spanish author)
4. Fireflies - Ana María Matute (set in Spain and written by a Spanish author)
5. Nada - Carmen Laforet (set in Spain and written by a Spanish author)
6. El voto femenino y yo - Clara Campoamor (nonfiction by a Spanish author)
7. The 19th of March and the 2nd of May - Benito Pérez Galdós (set in Spain and written by a Spanish author)

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi,
    I live right next to Spain - in Portugal - and I must confess I don't know much about spanish literature. But there's one classic book from a spanish author that I loved: Dom Quixote by Cervantes.
    It's great that you're dedicating yourself to getting to know more about your country's literature.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is one of my favorite Spanish classics, too. It doesn't get the love it deserves, since we are forced to read it as part of the Lit curriculum in high school and many students end up hating it.

      I'm ashamed to admit I don't know that much about Portuguese literature, either. That could be a great reading goal for 2015!

      Eliminar