domingo, 28 de abril de 2013

Dewey's Readathon: Hour 24


I finished the readathon! Yay! It has been so much fun, you guys. The readers, cheerleaders and organizers make this event what it is: a total blast! Thanks for the most awesome 24 hours I've ever had as a reader.

Eaten: toffee cake and rooibos.
Read: Ready Player One.
Pages read: 391.
Hours reading or doing something related to the read-a-thon: a little less than 15 hours in theory. I think I'm going to record them in the next read-a-thon.

End of the Event Meme:


1. Which hour was more daunting for you?

Hour 1, because I was way too excited to focus (I'm a noob!) and Hour 16. My eyes hurt and reading wasn't fun any more, so I went to sleep. Seven hours later I was up and ready to read again!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?


  • Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
  • The Vanishing Act of Esmé Lennox - Maggie O'Farrell
  • I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
  • The Sandman comics - Neil Gaiman
  • The Map of the Time and The Map of the Sky - Félix J. Palma
  • Jasper Jones - Craig Silvey
I've tried to list different genres and length to suit a wide range of tastes, but all of them are page-turners.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I honestly cannot think of a single thing I would improve. This thing is the bee's knees!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?

It's my first, so I can't say if there has been any differences with past events. The organization seemed perfect, the cheerleaders cheered on me through the whole event and everyone took care of answering both comments and emails really fast. 
My favorite thing has been meeting so many great book bloggers and seeing everyone participate and enjoy themselves. I never met Dewey, since I only started blogging this month, but I'm sure she would have been proud.

5. How many books did you read?

Okay, I'm a slow reader. Just two. I finished Ready Player One and advanced my reading of In Search of Lost Time.

6. What were the names of the book you read?

See question 5 ;)

7. Which book did you enjoy the most?

My only finished book, Ready Player One! (Please, don't think I'm a bore, the book is really that good!)

8. Which did you enjoy the least?

Technically, the Proust because is the only other book I read, but not really. I do enjoy the Proust in all its slow-paced glory.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?

Not on the cheering teams here, but you were awesome! You are all great motivators. :)

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

100% likely, unless real life events interfere. I'm going to sign up as a Reader. I'm not still sure I'll be able to take another role just yet. If I felt prepared, I might end up signing as a Cheerleader, too. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario